Re: List Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: List Problems

>this occurrs because it is against internet standards to change the
>"Reply-To" field or the "From" field of who sent the email message.
>Therefore when you hit Reply, you are going to Reply who sent the
>original message, because the list software can't change it.
>> I'd like it if when I reply to a message that it would actually go to the
>> list and not to the individual who wrote the message I am trying to
>> reply to.

And what internet standards might this come from?

I belong to at least 10 mailing lists, and of those, only TWO dont change
the reply-to field of messages.  It's really annoying, and never mentioned
in any netiquette guide I've ever read...

Why cant the list software change it?  If it actually cant, then its badly
designed software.  If you mean 'the owners wont', then thats slightly more
understandable, but see above.

--
Bill Risher        Sparr      UIN:1952775    ._, . . .
Lorenai #44                   FON:9316484164 |_) o | |

Follow-Ups: References: