Re: TI-89: How to convert decimal sto fractions and vice versa

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89: How to convert decimal sto fractions and vice versa

In article <798519$l9s@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
          jreyle@worldnet.att.net ("JAMES REYLE") wrote:

] TI-89
]
] I was curious how to convert decimals to fractions on a TI-89 and

To convert a decimal into a fraction use the command exact(

e.g. to convert 0.219 to a fraction type exact(0.219) which will return
     219/1000, unsurpisingly!

     to convert 14.28 to a fraction type exact(14.28) giving 357/25,
     and if you want this as a proper fraction type propFrac(357/25),
     giving 14 + 7/25

Someone else has posted the information that to convert a fraction to a
decimal type Diamond+Enter, so I think that should do what you are trying to
do.  (Ignore suggestions to use Partial Fractions, this is not correct.)

Dick

Dick Smith                                           dick@risctex.demon.co.uk
Acorn Risc PC                                  http://www.risctex.demon.co.uk