Re: TI-89: How to convert decimal sto fractions and vice versa

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89: How to convert decimal sto fractions and vice versa

>I was curious how to convert decimals to fractions on a TI-89 and
>instruction manual and have found nothing. I've used both a TI-83 and TI-85
>and found this to be under the Math menu. I didn't see it on the T-89.

OK, as I understand it, you need more parantheses (ha ha, joking people!
Just kidding!)

Seriously though, in the default modes, all answers will be given in
fraction form (I think, that's all I've seen so far)...  If you need decimal
you can either do approx(blahblahblah) or do call up the entry you need to
change and press diamond+enter instead of enter.

For example, if you hit 11/9 ENTER you get "11/9".  If you hit 11/9
DIAMOND+ENTER you get "1.22222".  The number of 2's depends on what you have
float set to.

Xaos
80 97 116 114 105 99 107 32 77 99 71 105 110 110

Follow-Ups: References: