Damn that 9.8 m/s^2 force

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Damn that 9.8 m/s^2 force

Hi Group (list)

I had the most unfortunate incident in which I dropped my spectacular Ti-89,
from about 4 ft above the ground (sorry, I didn’t calculate the velocity if
it). There was no obvious damage, screen didn’t crack. After I swore to
myself for about 20 seconds, I picked it up and it was turned on, and it was
a bit dim in which I had to adjust the contrast a bit to my preference (then
I swore a bit more).  And we all know that we have to press TWO buttons,
that are on opposite sides of the keypad, to adjust the contrast (the
batteries did not dislodge), chances are the contrast was adjusted another
way from the drop. Can I still trust that it will give me the right answers
even though it was exposed to a huge “shock trauma”? (So much is riding on
this calculator for me at school). If you have to go to the molecular level
(in the chips or the LCD)  to explain this, then please do, I want to see if
I can apply all this crap about chemistry, physics and calculus that im
learning at school, not only to answer the questions at the end of each
chapter in the text-book (don’t go as far as the Shcrodinger equation,
please!).

Thanks, have a merry x-mas and a glitch free millennium