Re: SPAM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SPAM

At 06:57 PM 8/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>It seems that more and more Spam is arriving by way of the Group every day.
> If it can't be cut off at the source, I contemplate leaving.  I'm sure
>there are many, many others who feel the same resentment that the mailing
>list is deluged with this garbage.  If necessary, let's get a moderator.
>Or reorganize the group.  None of my spam filters can distinguish between
>legitimate email from members of the group and these parasites.  Can't
>somebody do something?
>David Tanenbaum   ICQ # 45141299

The reason CALC-TI is receiving SPAM is due to the fact that this list is
directly tied into a newsgroup.  NewsBots come through and pick off the
active news servers and then the addresses of the newsgroups are sold and
ta-da!  SPAM!  All you have to petition TI to do is to shut down their news
servers and which means, no more SPAM to this list :)

           Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@crosswinds.net
                  http://www.shininglightpro.com/