Re: Don't talk about things you don't know..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't talk about things you don't know..

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:57:38 +0000, Jack Mordoj <jmordoj@RDC.CL>
wrote:

>Mike Hunt <MikeHuntTROUSERS@MAILROOM.COM> wrote:
>

>>Sega is better than Nintendo...especially because of Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>Therefore, that was a bad example.
>>
>>As for calculator programs:  the HP calcs have a wee bit of a head start (13
>>years) on the TI calcs, esp. the 89.  Perhaps if they had come out at the
>>same time, they would be comparable.
>>
>>sean
>>

>>How about this for an example:  Wintel boxes are better than macs,
>>because of M$ Office.
>>
>>Lets us remember that Mohrs Circle is available for TI's (I know
>>because I have it) and HP's (I've heard)
>
>Go to a Mac Store, and ask for Office98...
>Install it on a Mac...
>see..
>
>It's so easy to talk without know...

That's an excellent point.  Perhaps if you would have read the thread,
you would have known that it is as silly to say one calc is better
than another since the same program is available for both, as it is to
say one computer is better than another, because the same program is
available for both.  I used MS office as an example, because it is
available for both computer platforms, just like a mohrs circle
program is available for both calculator platforms.