Re: TI-83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83+

>>People with PhD's are able to adapt to any darn thing, even RPN
>
>People without PhD's can do RPN.  It's simple.  Put the operator at the end
>of
>the one (or two) operands instead of between.  It takes 5 minutes to learn
>and
>not much longer to appreciate the lack of necessary parentheses.

Okay, you could learn RPN and I could learn RPN if I was so inclined, but a
lot of students who don't do so well in math class to begin with would most
definately not be able to learn RPN in five minute.  I've tutored some of
these people.  You have to hold their hand for a long time before they can
do something on their own, and that's with a TI.
RPN is to DOS as algebraic entry is to Windows.  Both RPN and DOS make
perfect sense to people who know what they're doing, but I wouldn't want to
have to teach either to someone with their first calculator or PC.