Re: Mohr Circle

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mohr Circle

On 23 Apr 1999 11:28:51 GMT, jemfinch02@aol.com (Jemfinch02) wrote:

>>Because it is not necessary.  TI calculators do out of the box what
>>HP's take extra software to do.  Maybe if I rephrase it will help.
>
>What did you do before the 89 and 92?  When TI calculators could do
practically
>none of the things that people wrote for the HP48?

Before I got my 92+, I used a 92, before that an 85.  I buy my
calculators based on what is available today, not what was available 5
years ago.

>What are you going to do when HP comes out with a new calculator that does
>everything the 89 does and more?
If HP comes out with a superior calculator to TI's I will buy one.
However, I am quite skeptical that this will happen.  But your logic
that HP's are currently better since HP is coming out with a new model
is as silly as the chap who was trying to say HP's are better, because
Mo hrs circle is available for both calcs.  Face it Jeremy, you've run
out of straws to grasp at.

>What are you going to do when you, who are
>obviously too busy to do major programming projects on your own, need a hefty
>program to perform something the TI doesn't do intrinsically? (and believe
>me....it will happen)
I wonder about that.  Name me one thing doable on a calculator that my
TI can't do.  If I have some hefty number crunching, I fire up either
my Fortran compiler, or Excel.  If I have a really big job, I use a
digital alpha system.  The point where I need to switch tools just
comes later with a TI.  Just to do simple symbolics on an HP required
that additional programs be written.  Like I said, I use the right
tool for the job.  And with my TI's, I can get more work done in less
time, with less aggravation than with my HP's.

>I have math professors and computer science professors
>and people all over the world to ask for help.
My point exactly.  TI users don't have to spend time forming groups,
writing programs, asking for help, etc.  We just do our work.

>You have....the TI support line.  I dare you to call them about  ASM of
TI-Basic.

I'm not sure you noticed Jeremy, but this is bit.listserv.calc-ti,
quite a few questions about TI calcs get answered here.  This is a
group just like a hp group.  I fail to see your point.

BTW, I think you missed my question, so I'' ask it again.  "Since you
love your HP so much, why are you even in a TI group?"