Re: Mohr Circle

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mohr Circle

>>There is nothing for
>>the TI even comparable to the work and effort that has gone into algebra
>>libraries such as Erable and Alg48.

>Nothing except for what the TI comes with out of the box.  One needs
>to add either Erable or Alg48 to get what the TI does out of the box.
>I'm sure the authors of maple, (the symbolic software included on the
>TI's) would disagree with you about the amount of work and effort they
>spent on their software.

Actually, I doubt that the Maple folks would have anything to say about this,
considering the CAS used in the 89 and 92 is derived from Derive (pardon the
pun).

And besides that minor innacuracy, you have to keep in mind that the intrinsic
derive in the 89 and 92 was created for commercial purposes.  The people who
created it did it for money and money alone.  They aren't going to come out
with new stuff and release it for free.  On the other hand, Erable and Alg48
were created by individuals who do it out of the good of their heart, and
continuously update the software, come out with new, better software, and
support their software better than I think TI ever could.  My point, however,
which it appears you missed, is the quality of the user base.  I was using
Erable and Alg48 as examples of people who use the HP48 showing the initiative
to put in many hundreds of man-hours supporting the HP48 for no purpose other
than it's own.  OI don't believe you will find that committment in the user
base of the TI calculators