Re: (no subject given)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (no subject given)

> One last thing, has any body come up with an emulator for the TI 8?
series?
> I use the TI Link and software to write programs, but find it tedious
> having to move the programs to the calculator to test them.

Yes, you can find some at http://www.ti-files.org. Click on Archives, click
on Documents & Utilities, scroll down to TI-85, or TI-89, or whatever, and
scroll down to the appropriate category (I forget exactly what), and I
believe there is at least one for each calc. I know there is one for the
TI-83, I use it. You will also need to download romdump software, which you
can also get at TI-files. There ought to be a readme with either the romdump
software or the emulator about how to get a rom dump from your calc, which
you will need to do. Most emulators are not good for testing games, because
the emulator runs far faster than the calc itself, but this should not be a
problem because it doesn't seem like you will be testing many games. But if
a certain calculation or something takes 10 seconds on the computer, expect
it to take a lot longer on the calc itself.

Hope this helps.

Marc Macauley
op132 AT home DOT com