TI-86 Random Seed.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-86 Random Seed.

Does any one know what the TI-86 uses as a seed for the rand( function?  I know that you can specify a seed by saving it to the rand variable or something to that effect, but when one isn't specified it seems to supply one.  The obvious would be the time, but from what I can tell the TI-86 has no clock or time functions in it.  The reason I am asking this is because lately, mostly to pass time in math class,  I have been playing with generating random numbers, and then seeing how long it takes to do it again.  I have been just specifying the length of the numbers simply by rounding them.  If you are interested, here is the program I have been working on.  = means the store function.

0=A
2=C
round(rand*100,1)=B
Disp B
ClLCD
While C¹B
round(rand*100,1)=C
A+1=A
End
if C==B     // Yeah, I know its redundant, just wanted to be sure and it doesn't decrease speed so...
Disp A