Ti-86 wierdness

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ti-86 wierdness

Well, a couple of days ago I was bored in school.  (okay, I was really
bored), but I had my 85, 86, and link cable.  The 86 has features the 85
doesn't have, and I got curious as to what would happen if I was to name
a variable on the 85 after a function, then send it over to the 86.  (I
warned ya, I was really bored!).  Well anyway, I named a real variable
PlOff on the 85, and sent it over.  The 86 accepted it.  I found that if
I type PlOff on the home screen, etc, it would execute the command.
Then only way to retrieve the variable PlOff was to do [2nd] [RCL] and
type it in.

That was amusing.  Next, I decided to name one Qrtl1 (after a stat
variable only on the 86).  I sent it over, and it worked.  However, to
my amusement whenever I pasted Qrtl1 on the homescreen, it always
retrieved what was in the variable, instead of what was in the stats.  I
decided to kill it, but to my horror, I could not delete it in the
delete menu, or with the DelVar( command!  (PlOff deleted fine).  As far
as I can tell, w/o a reset, I am stuck with Qrtl1 on my calc!  Ugh!!
Talk about a way to screw up a friend's 86!  Especially if Qrtl1 is a
30k martix!

Also, another wierdness id that you can name variables with characters
in the CONV menu.  Like the -, /, the little two, and the little three
that can only be found in functions in the CONV menu.  The name cannot
start with those characters, but they can contain them.  The little o in
the TEMP conversions can be a variable all by itself though.

As if you cared,
Todd

--

Spam filters in place.  If you are accidently blocked, remove nospam.