TI-86 rom 1.2 versus rom 1.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-86 rom 1.2 versus rom 1.5

Hello, I have just bought a Texas Instruments TI-86.
Looking at ticalc.org understood that TI-86 has been released with rom
versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5. From the description all TI-86s should have
a ViewScreen connector.

Now the problem is that my TI-86 have rom version 1.2 and no ViewScreen
plug.

So I want to know, what fixes have been made to the calculator in the
various rom versions? Is it a catastrophe to get a rom 1.2 calculator?

Do all rom 1.5 calculators have ViewScreen support (note that I live in
Denmark, Europe)?

My former TI-85 rom 8.0 refused to run some games - would this problem
occur on a TI-86 rom 1.2 calculator too?

Is it possible to run ZShell *.85s files on my TI-86, how? Why can I
transfer program files from ti-85 to ti-86 but not the other way (PRGM does
not appear in LINK-SEND85) - is there an assembly program fixing this?
Why do I have to use Asm( when running assembly programs - is it the same
on newer calculators too?

I hope you would help me... and please do it fast, because I need to be
quick to get my money back - if this trade was a big disaster!

Kind regards (and a desperate cry for help)
Kasper Vibe Grevsen
---
On replies to newsgroup please make a cc to
mail:kaspervg@post6.tele.dk?subject=ROMPatches

PS: Do you know of a good symbolic manipulation program for TI-86 or where
to download (may be pirated) SoftWarehouse Derive 4.11 for Windows?