Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

>>>7. I currently have a TI-Graph Link I use to transfer programs from
my
>>>Macintosh to my TI-83, will this still work with a 89, 92, 92+?
>>TI's Graph Link cable is universal to all TI calculators, you would
need
>>only download the proper version of the link software from TI's
weebsite.
>Well, that isn't EXACTLY true.  The 89 doesn't have the GraphLink
software.
>They have a version for a PC, but it's a hack of the 92+ code.
Yes, it is true.  Even though the Mac version of the 89 Graph Link
software
isn't finished yet, and even though it's just a slight modification of
the
92+ software, all he has to do is download it from ti.com and use the
cable
he already has.

>>>8. Anything else I should be concerned with or aware of about getting
a 89
>>>or 92?
>>I think you've about covered it.  Realise that the 89 is a much better
deal
>>than the 92 or 92+, unless you really really need geometry or a qwerty
>>keyboard.
>The 89 right now isn't really finished.  They have some bugs in the OS,
and
>assembly doesn't work right now.
The 89 right now IS really finished.  I haven't heard of any bugs, but
who
cares even if there are?  It has Flash ROM.  The assembly is just fine,
it's just that nobody knows how to use it yet because TI hasn't released
the include files and ROM info, etc.