Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Differences between 92 and 89?

> 1. I see the 89 has an increased screen resolution over the 83, the 83
> screen holds 16 characters per row with 8 rows. Does the 89 fit more
> characters on the screen, or just have a higher resolution?

It shows more characters

> 2. Both the TI-92+ and TI-89 are listed as having 188K RAM and 384K Flash
> ROM. Whats up with the flash rom, is that where you can store programs?
> What is the total storage space as far as where I can put programs, 188K,
> 384K, or 572K???

The 384K is only for holding the ROM (read-only memory). It is for
storing the calculators ROM, or OS
> 3. The TI-92 Plus Module (plugs in I guess) to a normal TI-92 to upgrade it
> to a TI-92+ and expand memory. Can you put a TI-92 Plus Module into a
> TI-92+ calculator and expander the memory further, or into a TI-89
> calculator?

The TI-92+ IS a 92 with the plus module, so no you cant plug 2 of them
into a 92 to add even more memory, and since the 89 does not have the
expansion slot it wont accept the plus module

> 4. Do programs written on a TI-83 for a TI-83 work on the TI-92, TI-92+,
> and TI-89? Or programs for the 92 work on the 89?

Nope. The 89 and 83 run on completely different processors, therefore
they dont share programs.

> 5. Can the TI-89 connect to a TI-83 to transfer programs? A 92 or 92+ to an
> 83? Or an 89 to a 92?

No, the 83 can not xfer to 89/92 calcs, but the 89/92 are totally
compatible.

> 6. There is a product out there right now called the Memory Expander II.
> Right now there are no drivers for it for use on the TI-83, are there any
> for the 92, 92+, and 89?

Nope, thats what the plus module is for on 92, and since the structure
of the 85 and 89 are completely different it would take a lot of time to
port the drivers to ti-89. Besides, why do you need more ram???

> 7. I currently have a TI-Graph Link I use to transfer programs from my
> Macintosh to my TI-83, will this still work with a 89, 92, 92+?

Yes, they have graphlink software for ti-92 on mac, Im not sure about
the ti-89 though. Check ti.com/calc.

> 9. Any1 interested in buying my used 83?
It seems to be going by supply and demand right now. TONS of people are
switching from 83->89, therefore there is a huge supply of 83's. Good
luck getting decent money for it.

Follow-Ups: References: