Re: another endless ques. about which to buy?!?!!......

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CJ Connell wrote in message <6t0s55$6kc$1@news12.ispnews.com>...
>I am a junior in college and I have a dilemma.  My teacher for an upper
>level finance class has recommended a HP 12c, because that is what he will
>be teaching with.  I still have Calculus I, Calculus II, upper level stats
>course, and many other upper level business and finance courses to take.  I
>am not sure that the 12c is the best choice to handle this variety of
>classes.

Having been faced with the same type of dilemma myself I would highly
recommend you get the HP.  If you feel you will need more calculator for
your remaining classes you might consider the 48 (GX is memory expandable
and programmable) as the 12c (strictly a financial calc) will not be of any
use in Calculus. You might check first but I would guess your Math classes
will require the HP as well.  There are many, many financial programs
written for the 48 that will allow you to do anything your presented with.
If you feel later that you don't like the HP (unlikely IMHO) you can always
sell to someone taking the class next term.

Hope this helps.
Isaac Tipton ijt@shadetreeweb.com
Shadetree Web Design: http://www.shadetreeweb.com/
PGP Public Key:       http://www.shadetreeweb.com/misc/streekey.htm