My TI-86 Died. Please help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My TI-86 Died. Please help!

Hey folks. Earlier today, my TI-86 calculator died. Basically, I'll describe to
you what happened. I would appreciate any help possible in reviving my
calculator.

Anyway, I was playing around with my Calculator earlier today. The menu program
I have for my games is called AShell. I selected "Pwd" or something like that
from the menu within AShell...anyway, it was a link that popped up this thing
at the bottom of the screen that says "Password". I didn't understand what it
was, and I tried to get out of it but it didn't escape. After typing about 15
or so characters, the screen would just turn on. I then turned it back on, and
still, the Password screen was there. I could do nothing. I couldn't exit, and
I couldn't scroll up and down to the different games. I was stuck in the
password screen.

Finally, I got impatient, and pulled out the batteries. Then, I put them back
in about 10 seconds later, and it wouldn't turn on. I tried a number of tests
on it: I took out all the batteries and put them back in, the 20-second On
button test...I tried adjusting the contrast too, but to no avail. The
calculator would not turn on.

Can anyone please help me fix my calculator, or at least offer some
suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any such feedback. This is beyond
warranty period, and I'd like to see if I can fix this myself before I send it
in to TI Technical Support. Please e-mail me any help or feedback you could
offer, as I don't frequent these message boards often. Thanks a lot for your
time.

Eric