Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 18:16:27 -0600, unconnected <unconnected@usa.net>
wrote:

|um, i have had absolutely no problems with this program on my 89.  i've
|had it on ever since it came out.  how exactly did u come to find this
|out?
|uncon

when the below mentioned happened i had 2 games: Mario92 and Tanks.
When this situation happened, i was trying to delete tanks, however
mario92 was on the var link when it crashed. yesterday i got a brand
new replacement and today i got mario92, i had just finished playing a
game of it, i pushed escape and 7 to quit, and it froze on the home
screen wiht the busy icon highlighted, out of pure fear i took out the
batteries immediately. waited 10 minutes and put them back in. it then
worked correctly, i then used mem to reset all the memory, erasing
mario92. i used the mem screen because i assumed using the var link
screen would cause it to crash again.

Begin below mentioned:

My TI-89 just died, today when I was on the Varlink screen, with the
listing of my directory, I pushed [2nd] and [Down-arrow] to get to
Tanks, so I could delete it, when I did this the calculator promplty
CRASHED! The only 4 buttons it would respond to were [2nd] [diamond],
[alpha] and [whiteonblack up arrow], it would not turn off, or do
anything at all, not even exit the Var-Link screen, and the busy sign
was on. On the top there was a half an inch black line accross the
screen, at the end with a 'Address Book' error. I then tried to take
out all the batteries including the watch battery and push the reset
button on the back. I put everything back in and now there's a
different error   'Error Line:1111 Emulator' and there is no change in
status except that now the contrast is very light, almost impossible
to see, but I have good eyes. So I took the batteries out, except for
the watch battery, and left them out for some 3 hours. I came home
called up 1-800-TI-CARES and they told me that they would like to have
mine to study for research, I myself have no problem with that, my
problem is that they don't have one to replace mine. I'm going to try
to go the store and have them replace it, hopefully I'm still within
the 30 days period, unless of course someone knows how to fix it
without violating the TI warranty (namely taking it apart). I'll
probably have it returned by tomorow if I don't find out how to fix
it. Incidently TI tells me that the default startup reset buttons are
pusing the [on] button simulateneously with the [2nd] button and the
[white on blue right arrow] button. HELP!

Follow-Ups: References: