From: Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators
[mailto:CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM]On Behalf Of Ray Kremer
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 1998 01:11
To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject: Re: numerical derivatives

The equivalent to that command on the TI-86 is nDer(.  Read about it
on page 323 of your manual.  Here's the argument structure:
nDer(expression,variable,value)
Where the 83's nDeriv command uses the optional arguement epsilon, the
86's nDer( uses the delta that is defined in the Tolerance menu at [2nd]
[MEM][F4].  Just use the default delta though, you shouldn't have to change
it.
You should keep your manual handy in case this kind of confusion occurs
again.  A lot of the commands have slight but important differences
between the 83 and 86.