Re: 85 Question, raising a negative number to a fractional

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 85 Question, raising a negative number to a fractional exponent

Well, I can't understand the component form of the imaginary number and
would prefer the simpler output that the 83 gives.

--

Matt Weintraub
neda@erols.com

DaMaStErMiNd wrote in message <36312082.81E04BF6@mindless.com>...
>That garbage is just the component form of the imaginary number.  What's
wrong
>with
>that?
>
>Matt Weintraub wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>     I've got a TI-85. When I raise a negative number to a fractional
>> exponent, it gives the imaginary number garbage. I know that you can't
take
>> a square root of a negative number, and that raising it to a fraction if
it
>> is not 2 or an even number isn't allowed, but the 83s handle it correctly
by
>> first processing the exponent and then the root. Is it just a bug?
>>
>> Matt Weintraub
>> neda@erols.com
>> http://www.erols.com/neda
>> "Your mouse cursor has moved.