Re: Ti-89 Died What is Tanks?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died What is Tanks?

Hehe, If you program, you would know ;)  This happens a lot, I don't knwo
what the keys are on the 89, but try taking out all of your batteries, and
then the BACKUP BATTERY!  This might work, other wise goto ticalc.org and
email the faq address, they should be able to help...

> >My TI-89 just died, today when I was on the Varlink screen, with the
> >listing of my directory, I pushed [2nd] and [Down-arrow] to get to
> >Tanks, so I could delete it, when I did this the calculator promplty
> >CRASHED! The only 4 buttons it would respond to were [2nd] [diamond],
> >[alpha] and [whiteonblack up arrow], it would not turn off, or do
> >anything at all, not even exit the Var-Link screen, and the busy sign
> >was on. On the top there was a half an inch black line accross the
> >screen, at the end with a 'Address Book' error. I then tried to take
> >out all the batteries including the watch battery and push the reset
> >button on the back. I put everything back in and now there's a
> >different error   'Error Line:1111 Emulator' and there is no change in
> >status except that now the contrast is very light, almost impossible
> >to see, but I have good eyes. So I took the batteries out, except for
> >the watch battery, and left them out for some 3 hours. I came home
> >called up 1-800-TI-CARES and they told me that they would like to have
> >mine to study for research, I myself have no problem with that, my
> >problem is that they don't have one to replace mine. I'm going to try
> >to go the store and have them replace it, hopefully I'm still within
> >the 30 days period, unless of course someone knows how to fix it
> >without violating the TI warranty (namely taking it apart). I'll
> >probably have it returned by tomorow if I don't find out how to fix
> >it. Incidently TI tells me that the default startup reset buttons are
> >pusing the [on] button simulateneously with the [2nd] button and the
> >[white on blue right arrow] button. HELP!

Follow-Ups: References: