Re: Speaking of the (P)SAT..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Speaking of the (P)SAT..

IMHO, there are no real programs you need, except for some odd geometric
formulas, and there's no way to tell which one (yep, that's singular on
purpose) you'll need. Frankly, it's all stuff that you should know, but
if you don't know it then skip the question, and finish the rest of the
test. I have never found math sections hard at all, and never scored
under 700 (that's just math) on them, and one of those times was
completely without the aid of a calulator. PSAT and SAT math questions
never involve anything that absolutely requires a calulator, ergo that's
why calcs are optional. I'm not saying that everybody should be able to
do what I have done (but then again, there's no reason why not), but it
just goes to show that the calculator does not make the score, the test
taker does.

-Joseph

 Have A
  :-)