Re: *** To the list administrator ***

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *** To the list administrator ***

Rene Kragh Pedersen [09:18 08/10/98 +0200]:
>Miroslaw J. Wiechowski wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Please, set the proper options in this mailing list
>> configuration file so that "Reply-To:" goes to the
>> LIST's address and not to the person who sent
>> a message.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> MJ Wiechowski
>
>The Reply-To is set in your own browser, not by the list.

I am owner of another mailing list (which happens to be
distributed by Listserv too) and there is an option
Reply-To which I set to 'List,ignore'.

Let me quote the Listserv manual:

* Reply-To= List | Sender | Both | <netaddress>,[ Respect | Ignore ] *

Indicates whether the "Reply-to:" tag supplied  by the sender of the mail
file is to  be preserved or discarded (if present),  and, if discarded or
omitted, what  should be placed in  the new "Reply-to:" generated  by the
server. The default value is "List,Respect".

Note that some mailing systems are  unable to process a "Reply-To:" field
with  multiple  addresses  correctly  and  may  therefore  disregard  the
Reply-to= Both option and treat it as Reply-to= List.

The parameters operate as follows:

1st position: