ROM dump program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ROM dump program

I want to run the emulator for my TI-86 on the PC. As per the
instructions in the emulator files, I am trying to download (upload?) my
TI-86 ROM to the PC. For this, I am using the ROMDUMP program written by
Randy Gluvna. I assume that the procedure is as follows :
1. Download the ROM86.86P file to the TI-86 calculator. This was
accomplished with no problems.
2. Run the ROMDUMP program on the PC. The program seems to run happily
on the PC waiting for the arrival of the ROM contents.
3. Run ROM86.86P program on the TI-86. When I do this, I get an error
message on the TI-86 which says "ERROR 07 SYNTAX".

For steps 1 and 3, I have also tried using another program of the same
name (ROM86.86P) from the "ti.calc/..../dos" area. This program has a
slightly different size to the first one (944 bytes compared to 351
bytes). The end result is exactly the same : "ERROR 07 SYNTAX".

Has anybody been through this before ?

For your information, "[2nd] [MODE] [ALPHA] [S]" tells me that I have
ROM version 1.3. I remember reading somewhere that copying and sending
ROM dumps as electronic file is illegal (copyright violation?) Is that
true ? If not, can somebody send me a copy of the ROM dump for the TI-86
ROM version 1.3 ?

I will be grateful for any help.

Kiran Patel
E-mail : kiran.patel@snamprogetti.eni.it