Re: Slow TI89? What about TI92 PLUS?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Slow TI89? What about TI92 PLUS?

>- The TI92 PLUS is a TI92 with a chip installed. This means that the PLUS
>may still rely on hardware outside the chip itself for processing.
Possible, but I doubt it.  Besides, how would that be different from the 89,
which is the same thing only the Plus Module circuitry isn't removable.

>- The TI89 is newer than the TI92, which means that the original TI92'
>circuitry may have lesser performance. This might again have effect on the
>general performance of the TI92 PLUS.
Again, I doubt it.  If the 92 were a Game Boy, then the 89 is a Game Boy
Pocket.  Same thing in a smaller box with a better screen.

>- Only the TI92 (PLUS) supports Fargo (as far as I understand). That means
>the TI89 and TI92 differ in terms of assembly support.
Only the TI-92 non-Plus supports Fargo under the current version of Fargo.
The 92+ and 89 have the same asssembly support, which right now means
PlusShell or Doors-OS (or no shell at all, if you made a program that doesn't
need libraries).

>- Certain postings to the list point at data type representation in the
>software. This could also be implemented differently in the two calcs -
>given the age difference.
I'm not quite sure what this means.  TI specifically made the 92+ and 89 to
be compatible with each other and the original 92, hense most of it runs
exactly the same.

>Anyway, I am just trying to make an informed buying decision. ;-)
The only difference between the 89 and 92+ is the qwerty keyboard, the
geometry, the size of the screen, and the price you will pay for it.