Re: RPN for TI's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RPN for TI's

"joe D." <jd@LASSY.NET> writes:

> I have been a faithful HP user for over a decade.  I have recently
> received a TI-89 as a present and was wondering if anyone
> has written a program will let users input in RPN rather than the
> standard notation.  the TI-89 is a nice calculator and I would
> use it much more if I had the ability to switch to RPN.

That shouldn't be hard -- you would have to take the input as a string,
then _parse_ it, stripping off one layer of operations at a time. Good
application for recursion. Use a function, not a progam, on the TI-89.
A good programming project, probably would take about one weekend's worth
of work (not _my_ weekend, sorry).

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623