Re: Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programming Challenge

Must we start this bickering?  Look, the HP48 is old, and has RPN abilities,
but it has stood the test of time or it wouldn't be the second most
popular brand of calculator with so many loyal users.
TI's calculators, let's say they are more well-rounded than the HP48.
Easier for students to use, but still powerful enough for professionals
(at least the 86, 89, and 92 are).
I don't give a damn that this mailing list or that discussion group was
slow or busy at such-and-such a time.  It means nothing.  You could argue
that the HP is better because people post more messages about them, but
since most posts are requests for help, you could also say less posts for
TIs mean they give people fewer problems.  Both arguements would be
bull****.
Why bring up the 85?  It's been replaced.  The HP48 is ten years old, right?
You could say that HP sucks for not bringing out anything new in that time,
but you could also say HP is great for making something that long ago that
is still good to use today.  See, all arguments are futile.  Both brands
are good calculators.
However, this is a TI list, so while I won't bash the HP48, I will say that
this isn't the place to be talking about it.