Re: Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programming Challenge

Why the HELL would you do 24-bit colour images for games that are only in
two colours?!?!

At 00:25 01-10-98 -0700, jonathanchum@MINDSPRING.COM wrote:
>Well there is one true headquarters for the Hp calculators (hpcalc.org) just
>ticalc.org. Anyway, isn't it logical to think that since there is more
>people using TI calcs than Hp,  alot of  people don't know about ticalc.org
>and ti-files and instead visit the regular homepages that comes up when they
>do a search for TI related sites? Plus, the site we built was made for the
>TI-85 community not the entire TI community. Therefore, there was more
>features than at ticalc.org. Back then no screen shots were available for
>the TI programs. We developed 24-bit jpeg images for each game on the TI-85!
>Next we added descriptions of the program such as game play and sometimes a
>brief instruction for it. Also there was forums and chatrooms. Information
>on the developer of the program was also too available.
>
>Now ticalc.org has basically did what we have done such as adding screen
>shots and information on the program and developer. The TI Archive should do
>well, because I have added the site to many different search engines. Around
>50 I think. As for the HP site, I have never even got around adding the site
>to search engines.
>
>I do not spam people! All that I do is add a signature to posts and e-mails
>and people do pay attention to it, because according to my HP site trackers,
>about 3/4 of the visitors are coming from the newsgroup and e-mails. So far
>16 of the 900 people visiting are from search engines primary Infoseek and
>Altavista.
>Every single time I post something on this newsgroup related to TI products,
>many don't respond or have something nasty to say. It's like the people who
>posts on this newsgroup think they rule this newsgroup. That's probably why
>ya'll get spam so much. Here at the Hp48 newsgroup, we hardly get spammed,
>and the users are much more friendlier in my opinion. That's probably why
>many GA Tech students carry around Hp's and not TI...
>
>In Kindest Regards,
>Jonathan Chum
>_________________
>Jonathan Chum
>http://hpfx.webjump.com
>Hp48 F/X -- "Realities begin here"
>

>Ray Kremer wrote in message ...
>>Guess why your TI site "failed".  Everybody goes to ticalc.org or the
>>TI-Files for programs and stuff.  Most of the other TI webpages
>>are there for the amusement of their owners only.  Advertising?  Like
>>anybody pays attention to spam.
>>On the other hand, the less popular (admit it) HP calculators don't have
>>quite as many websites, so each one gets a larger marketshare (hitshare?).
>>Frankly, I'm happy for you that you have a much visited HP calc site, but
>>you shouldn't be surprised that your non-unique TI site, one of hundreds
>>on the web, was ignored.
>>
>>>Bias? Bias?
>>>I created a site a month ago called the TI Archive
>>>(http://tiarchive.ml.org/tiarchive) which listed all the TI-85 programs
> [...]

Yahoo! It's 100% free. To learn more about Yahoo!'s personalised services,
including My Yahoo!, Yahoo! Games, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Quotes, Yahoo!
Travel, Yahoo! Pager, Yahoo! Shopping, Yahoo! Classifieds, and more, at
http://www.yahoo.com/

Ever wonder how tall grass would be if humans hadn't been here to mow it?
ICQ UIN (if you have ICQ)        -- 2097846
ICQ E-mail Express (if you dont) -- mailto:2097846@wwp.mirabilis.com