Soldering Iron Question...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Soldering Iron Question...

Okay, first off I would like to mention that the color of my hair is not
blonde and I haven't dyed it either.  In other words, I'm not going to ask:
 How do I use a soldering iron?  Or can a soldering iron be used as a
cattle prodder?

I do have a question though.  I want to know, either web site or store,
where I can find a soldering iron that will REMOVE solder.  I might need
it, somewhere along the line, to increase the speed of my calculator
(remove solder, pull undamaged capacitor (very important it's not damaged),
cut hole in casing, put new capacitor in connected to switch, and start
calculator up).  Any help locating such a tool will be much appreciated.

BTW, I need the tool for other things as well.  So, don't go off on a
tangent that a regular soldering iron is all I need to do the task.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org