TI83 semi-successful overclock, changing keyboard timings :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI83 semi-successful overclock, changing keyboard timings :)

I just replaced C7 in my TI83, and it is working well enough for schoolwork, but I get some strange errors here and there.  I used a 10 pF surface mount, and things seem to be anywhere from twice as fast (galaxian 83) to about 60% faster (graphics several waves in zTrig mode).

The weird part is when I go into solytare or ztetris 1.4, and sometimes in graphing.  The screen looks kinda torn in places, like it was copied before drawing was complete.  It never does the exact same thing twice in a row, either.  Sometimes when I graph, it looks like it is only using 3/4 the width of the screen, but it is CALCULATED to that size and almost undistorted, go figure...

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

My real fun was messing with C6, I tossed a 10 pF in there as well, and loved the results.  I now have a more responsive keyboard and key repeat, and the cursor flashes much much faster to add to the overall effect :)