Re: View Window Scroll?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: View Window Scroll?

Walt <walt@WEB-3.COM> writes:

> I'm writing a program for my 89 to PolySolve similar to the one in the 86
> (Enter coefficients only)...

> Often I get more roots as solutions than can fit on the screen.  The program
> won't let me "jump" up and use the L/R  scroll keys.  Any suggestions?
> If anyone else has a similar program, I'd like to see it.  If anyone
> wants this one, let me know.

One of the strengths of the TI92 or TI-89 programming environment is the
ability to _decompose_ a program into modules and layers. It would probably
make sense to have one program that does the interface with the
user, collecting the coefficients of the polynomial being studied.
A second program would then take the result (a list of numbers) and calculate
the zeros of the polynomial. Yet a third program would take the results as a
string and display them back to the user. Probably start by using ClrIO, then
display enough characters on the program I/O screen to fill one screen line
(or, you might want to back up to a logical internal point at which to break
the line). Drop down a screen line and repeat as necessary until done. It is
necessary to make the assumption that your disply will not over-fill all
available room on the I/O screen, of course!

The advantage of taking this approach is that this third program could probably
be re-used later for other purposes.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623