Why not the TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Why not the TI-92?

Hi All,

I've been lurking in this group for some time and I'm a little bit
confused about the 'which is my favourite calculator thread.'

What is confusing me is that there appear to be very few responses
listing the TI-92 as the favourite calculator -- and, given that it
appears to be the calculator with all the bells and whistles, this is
not what I expected.

I know nothing about the TI calculators nor do I understand complex
mathematics, but I guess I just assumed people would naturally favour
the 'latest and greatest.' Can anyone explain why so many people are
opting for TI-86s and so on?

BTW, I am contemplating pursuing studies in statistics -- can anyone
tell me if the TI-92 is suitable for statistical calculations? Forgive
me if this is a silly question.

Many thanks,

Midnight.