Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!!

The 92 does not know how to do significant figures, no.  I suppose you could
program it, but I am not sure how that would be done.  Better to just do
that part in your head.  Why would 2,5 (2.5 for those in the U.S) round to 2?
The rule (here, anyway) is that 0 to 4 rounds down and 5 to 9 rounds up.
That is, 2,4 = 2.  2,5 = 3.  2,6 = 3.   I don't know where you got that
nearest pair thing from unless it's a European thing (not that there's
anything wrong with that, but the 92 is an American product, so it uses
American rounding methods).  Don't worry about your English, yours is better
that some Americans who post here.

>Does the TI-92 works with significant numbers, this is:
>2,00 x 2 = 4
>2,00 x 2,0 = 4,0
>2,00 x 2,00 = 4,00
etc.