Re: Favorite Calculator - all of them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Favorite Calculator - all of them

> >I guess I like the 85.  Even though I have an 86, I like the 85's speed,
> >and it still has the best games (Orzunoid all the way).  I always find
> >myself pulling out my trusty 85 when I need to do something.  Also, it
> >isn't nearly as cluttered as my 86 :)
> >
> >Todd
>         Most of those 85 games could probably run on your 86 using
> ASE.  And ASE can run converted 82 ASM games as well.   So probably
> the reason your 86 is so cluttered is because it is 4x as much memory.
>
> (guess which one my favorite is?)
> -Andy

I've tried the 82/83 & 85/86 bunch calculators. I plan on getting an 82
in the near future at no cost (gift from college cousin).

I've had my TI-86 since last Sept, and by far it's my favorite. Don't
count me wrong, the TI-82, 83 and 85 all have their own unique features,
but in my opinion, the TI-86 pulls all of them into one calc.

The TI-82 has several games which I think are very cool. IE. FFX4. That
kind of game isn't available for the TI-85/86 bunch, yet. It's also a
very fast calculator since commands are only 1-2 bytes, where as on an
85/86 where you can type out commands, like rand(, an 82 just displays
it as one giant block. It helps compiling BASIC programs literally in a
matter of seconds, usually no delay.

The TI-83 is by far the most popular calculator at our school. Everyone
has one (except me and a few others who run 85's and 86's.) The TI-83 I
would presume has the max compatibility, since many of my classmates use
it. Calc crashes? Well, just find someone and link back up. Plus the
TI-82 mentioned features.

The TI-85 is awesome. It's number of ASM games is incredible. The speed
of an 85 as well, is awesome. My friend who owns both 85/86 calc's still
uses his 85 much of the time, even though he has an 86. The 85 is very
fast, and just using it a little while taught me a lot about the 86.

My TI-86 can run (I'd assume 85-90%) of all the ZShell/Usgard games out
there. I've only found a few 85 ASM games that don't work, which are all
listed on my website.

-(:P Modem Boy d:)-
-(:P -=TI=86=- d:)-
-(:P Sub=Space d:)-

Own a TI-86 and ASE v1.3? Visit:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/5027/aseprog.html
for 85/82 ASM programs that work on the TI-86! (updated 5/23)