Re: whatever you wrote.....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: whatever you wrote.....

> I've been wanting to do this for a long time:

> "Jeg beklager sterkt men jeg forster ikke hva du har skrevet."

Since this posting does not seem to respond in either content or spirit to the
original post, and is probably readable by an even smaller percentage of
subscribers to this list, it would seem to be something of a waste of bandwidth
unless you take it to be an implicit protest of any posting here in a language
other than English.

There has been no subscriber policy on this question, I believe.
I, for one, have no problem with postings in a variety of languages, as long as
they go along with the purpose of the list -- if I can't read it I can quickly
delete it.  I believe we can tolerate a variety of interests and modalities of
communication here (even a bit of stuffy academic language, perhaps).

I am on the fence about whether I approve of the original posting (the one in
French), however, since it seems to just be an advertisement.  I suppose you
could argue that it is providing a service to list members, but in general I
think we should keep this list as non-commercial as possible.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623