Re: $4 Serial link problem...Help !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: $4 Serial link problem...Help !!

On Wed, 13 May 1998 22:31:27 +0200, Show The Andersens
<show@post4.tele.dk> wrote:

>Have you tried with other software for the PC. Another very importent
>thing is the speed of the PC - if it is over a 486 100 mhz or so I think
>that you might will get troubles. Then you could try to run Mowslow,
>which can make your PC slower.....
>
>Niels
>
>BTW: The seriel and paralel does work fine for my TI-82 from a 486 66
>mhz. But not from a pentium or AMD K6...
>
>[cut]
>
>--
>*          _      _                   guinea pigs *
>*         /_   _ /                    HTML-guide  *
>*         (_)-(_)                     genealogy   *
>*    SHOW THE ANDERSENS                           *
>*        mailto:show@post4.tele.dk                *
>*            http://home4.inet.tele.dk/show/      *
        I have used a parallel link with no problems between my TI-86
a K6/233.  CPU speed has no effect whatsoever on the IO, and the only
real difference between older and newer systems, port wise, is that
newer systems would have ECP ports.  But ECP is just off when the port
is being  used with a device not supporting it.  Serial ports, there
shouldn't even be that to deal with.  Other than increasing the baud
rate, nothing has changed in serial ports since the first PC's came
out.  If the baud rate is set to something outrageous like 115200,
that could  be the problem.  The TI-92 tops out at about 30000 baud,
and the others are somewhere around 10000.

Andy