Re: *.85s format

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *.85s format

Modem Boy wrote:

>*.85s are TI-85 String Files, and usually, 85 strings are used for ASM
>programs in shells like ZShell and Usgard.

OK, but the strings can also be used to introduce any kind of text
information. For instance, "To be or not to be, that is the question" ->
Hamlet

If you just want to introduce that text into the calculator, it would be
fine. But if you want to introduce a more long text then it is not so easy,
since you have not a QWERTY keyboard and so on.

I also tried to create a String variable using the TI-Graph link, but I
didn't know how to do it.

If I would be able to create my own .85s files using a little Word-macro or
a simple software (programed in vC, vB or whatever) it would be cool. But I
need to understand the .85s format.

In a few words, what I want to do is to create a .85s file and then transmit
it using the TI-Graph Link. Any body knows how can I do it?

Sorry about my bad english, it is not my first language.

Bye,

Follow-Ups: References: