Re: ti 89 and hp48 gx

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti 89 and hp48 gx

Ramkumar Krishnan wrote:

> i am planning to buy a calculator. can u tell me which one is better and
> why
>
> ti 89 or hp48gx
>
> thanks
> Ramkumar

First of all, the TI-89 isn't quite out, yet. If you need the calculator
_now_, and those two are your only option, then it's quite obvious you
should get the hp48gx. But, all in all, according to the stuff coming on
the TI-89, seems very well worth the wait. Just be ready to wait for
people to write some programs for it... although if I'm not mistake,
TI-92 programs should work somewhat on the TI-89? or no? resolutions may
cause problem, maybe.

I really don't know much about the HP48GX, except a few of my junior
friends have them, and they have infrared ports, some form of card
expandability, and 128 kb ram. They type really fast on those things,
interesting design, sound even. heh. :)

Anyway, check out:

http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/89.htm

for more info on the TI-89.

-(:P Modem Boy d:)-
-(:P -=TI-86=- d:)-
-(:P Sub=Space d:)-

Own a TI-86 and ASE v1.3?
Visit:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/5027/aseprog.html
for 85/82 ASM programs that work on the TI-86!