Re: 86 backup in PUD?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 86 backup in PUD?

Modem Boy wrote:

> After seeing some interesting new 85 usgard games, I was interested in
> putting some on my 86 with ASE 1.3 and seeing if they would work or not.
> I wouldn't mind having the calc crash and losing everything, as long as
> I had some sort of nice backup file...
>
> which leads me to my question, is a backup for the TI-86 in development?
> sure group files could work but it won't bring my calc back the way I've
> had it before. I know this has been discussed before... but I'd like an
> update... if at all possible.

I posted a little while back that a Complete ti-86 backup can be done
with the TI8x emulator.  Just dump your rom, or get one from TI86
central:
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/

Start up the emulator with the proper link configured, and backup your
memory on your 86 to the emulator as if it was another calculator.  Be
sure to hit PAGE UP to save the ram image.

You can even have several different ram images so you can have several
backups too.

Todd