fixing calc- 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

fixing calc- 83

I have this ti 83 that just stopped working one day and wouldn't turn on.
And, it was after the warranty expired. So I opened it up to see if there
was anything I could see and fix it. There wasn't. So I was wondering If
any of you have things I could try doing. BTW, I used a current testing
device, and attached the positive end to the positive battery input. I used
the other end to test areas. The only spot that gave me suspicions was
behind the LCD on the board. There were some bare parallel strips of metal
that looked slightly dirty. It was there that the tester didn't register.
Hmmmmm. I tried to clean it a little, but that didn't do it. Before I take
a powerful solution to it, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks for reading that long post,
Nathan