Re: Why Ti 80 etc. ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why Ti 80 etc. ?

To build on what you said:  The TI-80 through the TI-86 all use
the Z80 chip, hense the name.  The 73 probably does, too; in fact it
should really be the TI-80 and a half, but TI can't really do that.
The 89 also breaks tradition with its 68000 inside.  They call it the 89
to reflect that it is the size of the other 8x calcs, but they could have
called it the TI-90 just as easily.  Note again that the "92" has no
relation to the processor type, they just picked that number to set it
above the 8x calcs.