Re: Why Ti 80 etc. ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why Ti 80 etc. ?

Here is some of my reasoning:
Because when it comes to the ti-8x series, all the numbers are now used
except 84,87, and 88.  I suspect sometime in the future TI will release
the 84 as a sequel to the popular 82 and 83.  The TI-73 isn't probably
good enough to get 87 or 88, because that would suggest it is better
than the 85 and 86.  Also TI probably plans to release an 87 and
eventually an 88 in the far future that will be much like the 85/86.

I still don't get why they named it the 73 though, because 74 is already
used.  Any 73-like calculator that will be released in the future will
have to have a number like 75 or 76.

However, am still trying to place the 89.  It is shaped like all other
ti8x calculators, but is very much like the 92 when it comes it's
features, and it's screen.  Also, it's button layout is very different
from any other ti8x calculator.  Notice it's alpha key?  Also the
contrast change keys?  It also seems to have a 3rd key like the ti36.
It may also be the only ti8x calculator not to use a Z80 processor.  I
feel as if ti-90 would be more appriopate.

-Todd

Pyromaniac wrote:

> Why are the calculators called 80,82 etc? Also why is the the 73 called
> that when it seems considerably better than the 80, so why is the number
> lower?
> --Michael

Follow-Ups: References: