Re: Ti92 + ? That gives me a idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti92 + ? That gives me a idea

You are correct.  Early 92s had "internal ROM" meaning that the ROM chips
were hardwired to the board.  Installing a Plus Module to those supercedes
the existing ROM, which is then ignored.  Recent 92s have "external ROM"
meaning that the ROM is on the module to start with, and you pull that
module out and replace it with the Plus Module.  If you pulled that box
out and tried to turn on your 92 it wouldn't work.  And yes, in theory
some hacker could make his own 92 ROM, since that slot for putting it in
exists on all 92s.