Re: Memory Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Memory Expander

I'm making it as much for fun as business, and why not make some
competition for the EII and EII anyway? Also, I thought the person
writing 83 software for EII stopped working on it. I don't know how much
mine are going to cost, but the current estimated cost on mine is $35-$40
for 32K including labor and stuff. The memory is pluggable and each extra
32K will be about $5.
Mine will be VERY expandable, its based on a Z80 CPU so a serial port,
sound capabilities, a display maybe even a floppy drive could be added,
although their usefulness is debatable. Also, a serial modem could be
added.
I am planning on using SRAM with backup batteries. To expand, the SRAM
can be unplugged along with a backup battery. I am still considering
using FLASH EEPROM because you wouldn't have to worry about backup
batteries, of course that would be slow, and have limited life, not to
mention a likely bulky power supply to give the 12V necessary to write to
it.

        Chris

I'm, like, a product, OK, of american, you know, education, all right?
DJ_Ramen@juno.com