Re: Memory Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Memory Expander

First of all, look around at the kind of hardware other people are using to
make their own expanders. If you cant think of a price on your own, you'll
never make a good businessman (or Ferengi). I would really recommend against
any kind of ram because it takes power. EEPROM is probably the best way to
go. Look at other ideas from other people. Hmm. anythink over 1 or two megs
is too much if you think about it. Use ASM for the transfers probably. You
dont have to, but it sure beats the link menu.

At 04:29 AM 3/9/98 -0500, Chris A Brainerd wrote:
>Hey,
>I've done lots and lots of research into building a memory expander. I'm
>getting ready to build the prototype (witin a week), but I need to know
>what people want.
>Specificly how much storage do you want and at what price? Also would you
>want to pay extra to send and recieve with the link menu, or have it be
>cheaper and use an assembly program for transfers. If you have any
>answers to any of these questions please email me.
>BTW: any amount of memory is possible from 0 all the way to 1GB, believe
>it or not. Of course a 1GB expander would be ridiculously huge and
>expensive (the SRAM chips alone would be $36,250), not to mention
>pointless.
>
>I'm only planning on making 83 compatible software, but if there's anyone
>out there who wants to work on making it 82, 85 or 86 compatible email
>me.
>
>Chris
>I'm, like, a product, OK, of american, you know, education, all right?
>DJ_Ramen@juno.com

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

What is there to say about silence?
Welcome to the U.S.S. Crew
-- http://www.jeffb.home.ml.org/
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/1149/
ICQ UIN (if you have ICQ)        -- 2097846
ICQ E-mail Express (if you dont) -- mailto:2097846@wwp.mirabilis.com