programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

programming

> If you want to ask for an equation such as that, you either have to store it
> to one of the y= variables, or a string.  Also, when you do that, you must
> put the equation in quotation marks.  But, I don't know whether or not you
> can then access it as an equation and put a variable into it for evaluation.
>

> >in a program I am writing for my TI-82, I want to it to ask for an equation
> >(such as 1/X) and then be able to call that equation later without having
> >the user type it in again.
> >
> >like:
> >
> >prompt A:   (the user enters 1/X)
> >
> >then call up 1/X again (not the actual number value it got by plugging in
> >the value for X).  I am not sure if the 82 can do this.  If anyone can help
> >please let me know.
> >
> >Thanks
> >asmith1@san.rr.com

You can't do that.  Store it to a string, I mean.  The 82 doesn't have
string capabilities.  I think that you have to store it into a y=
variable, which will of course require quotation marks :(  On the _83_
you can store the equation as a string and then use the string to
equation command to convert the string into a y=.  This allows you to
avoid using the quotation marks. :)

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net