Re: Ummm... Bye! (or else)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ummm... Bye! (or else)

Ray Kremer wrote:

> Well, I don't know if I can agree with insulting Grant, but I can't argue
> about most of us being slightly pathetic.

Pathetic is as pathetic does, and I think we're managing quite well. We
learn as we debate, even petty argument teaches you something.
Experience, be it good, bad or neutral, is what makes us. Experience and
actions based on it.
Eventually though, we will have to sort out a lot of opportunities to
earn experience. This usually happens when one half of a petty argument
starts shouting at you. Then you sort out the opportunity of gaining
anymore experience from the argument, when the arguing has stopped and
you don't get anywhere. Happens all the time in Abusenet/Refusenet.
Go with yourself (never really thought that a closing sentence like that
had any real value, but this was a good oppertunity ti try it out :-)

> I, too, am amused at how quickly
> this thread got off topic and degraded into petty and useless bickering.

One can ask himself: Was it ever ON-topic?

> However, I am going to do more than the rest of these people have - I am going
> to help you get off the list.  After the last time someone posted "unsubscribe"
> to the list, I put a copy of the list directions that I got when I joined up at
> http://rhf.bradley.edu/~rkremer/calcti.txt
> What you need is in there.
[...]

I'll keep my own letters, don't trust a 'net source ;-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
Apparently my clothes are defective.