TI-82's bad screen and Re: Serial!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-82's bad screen and Re: Serial!

Though, there are two, somewhat, problems...
1) It would require a bus connection, and to install you'd have to actually
open your calc
and connect it to the bus
2) It isn't portable (not a problem for some people though), eg you can't
"easily" move it from calc to calc

But, it has some advantages too...
1) free's up link port!
2) internal
3) can adjust baud, and other port settings

Also I've been thinking, As long as you're going in to connect a UART to the
bus
(we need to set some kind of standard address, possibly across calcs?, so
there
isn't any confusion) why not try running the bus out to the side/top/bottom
of the calc?
Then other projects using the bus could be done outside the case if desired.

Then again I may be jumping ahead of myself! Some of the ti-tech guru's on
this list (Mel Tsai?)
might tell me wether or not the ti-graphing calcs even have any free
address's on the bus? (It's late,
I can't remember if the addresses in ram and the bus are different or not!)

On another note, perhaps this could be included in the ti-82 project?
(except extend the whole
project to all ti-graphing calcs :P)
Also, I bought (several years ago) a ti-82 graphing calc ($7 even!) except
it has a couple of rows
just right of the middle of the screen that hide nearly 2 characters! Any
hint's on how to fix this anyone?

     -James, N9XLC
     -jrhall@infocom.com