[Q:] A couple of questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Q:] A couple of questions

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions regarding usage of the TI-92. I *am*
busily attempting to absorb the manual, but haven't encountered this
information yet (so, please forgive me).

1. Is it possible to access information contained in a data editor
from the home screen?

Say I have two columns of data in a data variable I have called
'stats'

1,  30
2, 2.25
4, 3.65
1, 9.95

Is it possible, from the home screen, to perform a cumsum on the
product of each of the values in the data editor?

ie

(1*30) + (2*2.25) + (4*3.65) + (1*9.95)

If so, what would be the syntax I would use?

Also, is it possible to directly access a value in a particular cell?
IE, to include the value in row 3, column 2 in a calculation I am
performing on the home screen?

2. I sit possible, when performing calculations on the home screen, to
provide comment text that would not be interpreted as a variable?

I ask because the history will be very useful to me, but I would like
to identify the operations I am performing so that I can locate them
more easily when I work back through the history.

Something like:

Bev's WS: 23*600/12

or

Mike's WS: 23*500/11

So that in the history it appears as "Bev's WS: 23*600/12 = 1150"

and then

"Mike's WS: 23*500/11 = 1045.46"

I use the ":" character simply as a convenient separator -- I would
assume it has a very different meaning in the syntax of the TI-92.

Thanks for any help with the questions above.

Best regards,

Midnight