Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!!

This is a better and more accurate explanation than in my posting on the
matter.

Especially, the use of absolute value in the formula:

Df = |df/dx|*Dx + |df/dy|*Dy + |df/dz|*Dz + ...

which I neglected (OOPS).  You know your significant numbers.  [I gather that
this posting is not a response to my posting, but I figured I would respond
before I get lambasted next.]

Nevertheless, I still got the impression that in the original posting on this
topic, there was an expectation that the 92 was somehow supposed to make the
entire calculation with uncertainties much more automatic [presumably without
any "intervention" such as the afore-mentioned formula].  And I think the
overwhelming response was that this was not possible.

-----